These soft and chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are loaded with chocolate-peanut butter goodness. They are the perfect sweet treat at any time of the year. Grab a glass of ice-cold milk and enjoy their deliciousness.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Love printables? Sign up here to access my free resource library that has meal planning printables such as shopping lists and favorite meal worksheets.
I must admit cookies are my favorite sweet treat and especially if they are soft and chewy. After trying a few Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip recipes that came out crispy. I decided to modify my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are the perfect consistency of being soft, thick, and chewy.
Combined with the yummy combination of chocolate and peanut butter they are a hit! They’ve quickly become a family favorite in our household and are gobbled up soon after they come out of the oven. I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Before we begin, here are some quick tips to keep in mind to make the perfect soft and chewy cookie.
- Make sure to add your butter when it is at room temperature. If you forget to take it out early (I do this all the time), you can always stick it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. But, definitely watch it because microwaves are different. Most importantly, don’t let it melt because this is what can cause a cookie to spread out while baking and become flat.
- When combining the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, ensure that it’s a thick consistency. It shouldn’t be too wet. You should be able to almost roll it into a ball without the dough feeling too sticky. You can always add a little more flour to get the right consistency.
- Don’t forget to preheat your oven to ensure that your cookies come out perfectly every time.
- Lastly, avoid putting cookie dough on a warm cookie sheet because it will also cause the cookies to spread out. I only bake one batch of cookies at a time to ensure they bake evenly. When one batch is in the oven, I have another cookie sheet ready to go in.
Do you want to achieve the perfect cookie every time you bake?
Gather your ingredients and start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat for easier clean-up.
Start by adding the dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa to a small bowl until combined. Mix the butter (room temperature-not melted), sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a larger bowl. Stir in the dry ingredients (the dough should be stiff, not sticky) Add a little more flour if necessary to get the right consistency. Finish by adding the peanut butter baking chips.
Drop dough 2 inches apart onto a prepared cookie sheet with either a cookie scoop (small cookies) or an ice cream scoop/rounded tablespoon. (large cookies). We prefer larger cookies in our home which take about 12-14 minutes to bake in a 350-degree oven or 8-10 minutes for smaller cookies.
When cookies are done, cool for 2 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet to wire baking rack.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks room temperature (softened)
- 1¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cups baking cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 10 oz. package peanut butter baking chips
- In a smaller bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until completely combined. Make sure it's the correct consistency. Add a little more flour if the batter is sticky.
- Add the peanut butter chips and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop (small cookies) or ice cream scoop (large cookies) on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Place in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes (small cookies) or 12-14 minutes (large cookies) at 350°.
- Cool for 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Easy Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 18 Family Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 20 Cake Mix Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 20+ Easy and Frugal Fall Desserts
Don’t forget to sign up for my Free Resource Library to grab my meal planning printables. You will also get access to lots more printables all completely free for you to print out and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for more recipes and meal planning inspiration