Try this easy double peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes the perfect soft and chewy cookies. These cookies are a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Love printables? Sign up here to access my free resource library that has meal planning printables such as shopping lists and favorite meal worksheets.
Calling all peanut butter and chocolate lovers. These double peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are an absolute delight. They are thick, soft, chewy, and loaded with silky peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are definitely a favorite in our home and I’m so excited to share the recipe with you.
I have always enjoyed experimenting with different types of cookies. As a matter of fact, the first couple of recipes that I shared here was my chocolate peanut butter chip cookies and chocolate chip cookies. We love our cookies! You can read about just how much in my Family’s Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes.
How these cookies came about
A few years ago, at a parent-teacher conference, they served double peanut butter chip cookies. I don’t know why but for some reason, I had never had them before. Of course, I’ve enjoyed a good classic peanut butter cookie but just adding those extra peanut butter chips brought this simple cookie to a whole new level.
So, I tried a few peanut butter chip cookie recipes but couldn’t seem to get that soft and chewiness that I love. Finally, after trial and error (adding an extra egg for chewiness and baking powder instead of baking soda for softness and thickness), the cookies were the exact consistency I wanted.
The next step was to simply add in some semi-sweet chocolate chips and they were a peanut butter and chocolate lovers dream. If you are looking for the softest, yummiest rich, and chewy cookie then this sweet treat is for you.
Some helpful tips to achieve the perfect soft and chewy cookie:
- Make sure to add your butter when it’s room temperature. If this isn’t possible then you can pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Do not melt the butter. When the butter melts, it will cause the cookies to spread out while baking making them flat.
- Try to avoid placing your cookie dough on a warm baking sheet. This can cause the cookies to spread out.
- Bake one baking sheet of cookies at a time. By doing this, you will ensure that your cookies are evenly cooked.
- Don’t undermix the butter and sugar mixture. When adding the wet ingredients to the bowl, mix until completely combined. It should look smooth and creamy when you are done.
- Avoid overmixing the dry ingredients. However, the opposite is true for the dry ingredients. Try not to overmix as it may prevent the cookies from spreading. Just mix the dough until combined.
- Lastly, make sure your oven is preheated to ensure that your cookies come out perfectly every time you bake them.
Learn a few more ways to achieve the perfect cookie with these 19 Best Christmas Cookie Baking Hacks.
Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a large bowl combine the butter (room temperature), with brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time). Mix until smooth and creamy (2-3 minutes)
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together until just combined. Do not overmix. Finish by adding peanut butter and chocolate chips to the dough.
When cookies are done, let them cool for 2 minutes and then remove them from the cookie sheet to a wire baking rack.
I hope you decide to give these double peanut butter chocolate chip cookies a try. I’m sure you will enjoy their soft and chewy deliciousness. Grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir the butter, and brown sugar into a large bowl and mix well, until completely combined.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and 2 eggs to the mixture. Stir well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and, salt. Then add to wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Add the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips
- Drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using a 1½ inch cookie scoop about 2 inches apart.
- Place in preheated 350° oven, 10-12 minutes
- Cool for 2 minutes and move to wire rack.
A few substitution suggestions:
Use this peanut butter cookie recipe as a base for some other easy cookie recipes.
- replace the peanut butter chips with white chocolate chips.
- only use peanut butter chips or chocolate chips instead of both.
- add chopped peanuts.
- use crunchy peanut butter.
- don’t use chocolate chips instead, roll cookies into a ball, dip them into granulated sugar, and using the back of a spoon press into the center of the cookie. Add your favorite jelly flavor and bake peanut butter and jelly cookies.
You may like:
- 20 Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 Best Air Fryer Cookie Recipes
- Blueberry Banana Bread With Crumb Topping
- Caramel Apple Crisp Muffins
Don’t forget to sign up for my Free Resource Library to grab my meal planning printables. You will also get access to lots more printables all completely free for you to print out and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for more recipes and meal planning inspiration