Looking for easy and frugal meal ideas? Try this delicious Chicken and Mushroom Stuffing Bake for a quick and simple dinner idea for busy weeknights at home.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Love printables? Sign up here to access my free resource library that has meal planning printables such as shopping lists and favorite meal worksheets.
This chicken and mushroom stuffing bake is a variation of our beloved chicken casserole recipe. I’ve taken the delicious flavors of the original recipe and added onions, mushrooms, and cream of mushroom soup. My husband has even declared it his new favorite chicken casserole which is why I decided to share it.
It’s the perfect cozy cold weather meal that is simple to prepare so it’s not only perfect for Sunday dinners but also busy weeknights at home when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Stuffing Bake
Ingredients for this Chicken and Mushroom Stuffing Bake
This easy chicken and mushroom stuffing bake only require a few ingredients and very little prep time. For this recipe you will need:
- cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
- chicken stuffing mix
- chicken tenderloins
Start by preheating your oven to 400°. Then, chop half an onion and 6-8 white mushrooms (you can always cut up more or less depending on what your family prefers).
Melt butter in a skillet and saute the onions and mushrooms until softened. While the vegetables are cooking prepare the chicken stuffing as directed on the package.
Place the chicken tenderloins in a greased 9×13-inch pan. Combine the sauteed vegetables with the cans of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Then, simply spread over the chicken and top with the prepared stuffing.
Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through (165°) If you don’t like your stuffing to be crunchy, you can cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes of baking.
The best part of this recipe is that you may already have the ingredients in your pantry and fridge which can save you money on your groceries making it the perfect weeknight dinner idea.
Looking for more ways to save money on your groceries?
Chicken and Mushroom Stuffing Bake
- 9x13 inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 6 white mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 boxes (6 oz.) chicken stuffing mix
- 10 chicken tenderloins thawed
- 2 (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Chop onions and mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook until soft.
- Combine the sour cream, cream of mushroom soup with onions and mushrooms in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Prepare the stuffing as directed on the package.
- Place the chicken tenderloins on the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Spread your mushroom soup mixture over the chicken and top with the prepared stuffing.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and cooked through.
Want more easy meal ideas?
- Best 20-Minute Meals for Busy Weeknights–easy dinners that take less than 20 minutes your family will love.
- 26 Quick and Easy Pork Recipes– Simple pork recipes that are so delicious they will please the pickiest of eaters.
- 27 Easy Dump and Go Crockpot Meals– best meals for busy weeknights at home when you don’t have time to cook.
Don’t forget to sign up for my Free Resource Library to grab my meal planning printables. You will also get access to lots more printables all completely free for you to print out and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for more recipes and meal planning inspiration