When guests are on their way over and you need your house cleaned fast. Here are some helpful tips to speed clean your home in 30 minutes or less.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
You look around your house and suddenly a feeling of dread comes over you. There is clutter on the countertops, dishes in the sink and toys all over the floor. You have guests coming over in less than an hour. How are you supposed to clean your house in such a short amount of time?
Don’t panic you only need 30 minutes or less to get your home tidy and company ready.
Here are some quick ways you can tackle that mess in the least amount of time.
You may like:
- Speed Clean for the Holidays
- Quick Power Hour Cleaning Tips
- How to Clean a Messy Home When You’re Overwhelmed
- 20 Quick Cleaning Hacks When You Hate to Clean
How to Speed Clean Your Home in 30 Minutes or Less
1. Focus on the clutter
The first thing you want to do is grab a laundry basket and a garbage bag. Then, you need to go from room to room collecting any clutter that has accumulated. Pick up any trash along the way and throw it in the garbage bag.
Remember you only need to do this in your main living areas. You can stash the basket in a closet to take care of later. This is not a deep clean. We are trying to be as quick as possible.
Looking for more decluttering motivation?
- 106 Easy Things to Declutter in Your Home Today
- 10 Things in Your Home to Declutter in 10 Minutes or Less
- 30 Day Home Decluttering Challenge
- How to Declutter When You Are Overwhelmed
- 30 Best Things to Declutter From Your Kitchen Right Now
2. Grab supplies
I usually keep my cleaning supplies in a cleaning caddy so I can carry them from room to room.
Here are a few supplies I recommend having on hand if a quick cleaning emergency arises:
- microfiber dusting cloth
- disinfecting wipes
- multi-purpose cleaner
- toilet cleaner
- glass cleaner (I usually use vinegar to clean my mirrors/glass)
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to grab a timer and set it for 30 minutes. Turn on your favorite music and let the cleaning begin!
3. Start cleaning
Start in the area of your house that your company will see first or spend the most amount of time in. In my home, it’s the kitchen.
- Clean out your sink.
- Put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher
- Spray and wipe counters
- Wipe down appliances
- Take out trash
- Fluff pillows
- Fold blankets
- Quick dust surfaces
- Sprinkle the carpet with baking soda (helps freshen and soften the carpet)
Have pets and want a better way to keep your home clean?
- Squirt toilet cleaner in the toilet
- Wipe counters
- Clean mirror
- Replace hand towels
- Put out extra toilet paper
- Give the toilet a quick swish and clean
You may like: How to Clean Your Bathroom in 5 Minutes
- Shut the door
Unless your guests are staying over then make the bed and do a quick dusting.
Lastly, pull out the vacuum and vacuum all rooms. It will be quicker than taking out the broom and the mop.
Don’t forget to spray some Febreeze, light a candle or turn on your wax warmer as a final touch to freshen up your home.
Learn how to keep your home consistently clean:
- A Weekly Cleaning Routine that Works
- Quick 5 Step Morning Cleaning Routine
- Easy Nightly Cleaning Routine for Stress-Free Mornings
- 14 Daily Habits to Keep Your House Clean
- Easy Monthly Cleaning Schedule
- The Ultimate Guide to Spring Cleaning
Now, pat yourself on the back for a (quick) job well done. Wipe that sweat off your forehead and go get yourself ready. You have company coming over.
Don’t forget to sign up for access to my Free Resource Library. You will find planner, wall quotes, and cleaning schedule printables for you to print out and enjoy.
Follow me on Pinterest for more cleaning motivation and inspiration.